Friday, January 4, 2013

All the Single Ladies Say “Meeeeeooooow!”

I sincerely hope this doesn’t ruin a childhood friendship of mine, but it was such a funny misunderstanding, I had to share. This actually happened to me last week:

IM between me and my friend Mary: 

Me: Please find a nice way to tell Rob that making his cat his Facebook cover photo is not going to help him with the ladies. 

Mary: haha
except for me 

Me: Right. Except for you. 

Mary: ha
i just sent a message 

IM between me, Mary and Rob 

Mary: are you trying to lure me or katie into a love spell with your new cat-lady-attracting banner? 

Me: Meeeeeoooooow! 

Mary: oh no, it's working! 

Rob: *awkward IM silence* 

Me: Don't try to hide from our charms Rob...we're the only single girls left. 

Rob:

Ladies,
Trust me I'm very flattered. The logistics of trying to date either one of you would be damn near impossible, between Mary living half a country away and Katie busy with kids, school, career etc. I also have to tell you I really don't see you in that way. I hope you can understand that.

Rob 

Me and Mary: *awkward IM silence*

IM between me and Mary 

Mary: ummm yeah. rob totally took my IM seriously? UMMM WTF? 

Me: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...oh my god.

IM between me, Mary and Rob 

Me: That’s okay. We only date our men as a team anyway. 

Mary: Totally 

Me, Mary, and Rob: *awkward IM silence forever*


No comments:

Post a Comment